What is Carbon Monoxide (CO)?
Carbon Monoxide is an odourless poisonous gas which is produced when fuel is not burned efficiently.
What Are The Symptoms of Poisoning?
Nausea, headaches, vomiting, chest pain, problems with sight, tiredness, stomach pain.
Is My Appliance Risky?
Check for the following:
- Brown or yellow stains on the appliance.
- Pilot light often blowing out.
- More condensation building up on windows than usual.
- Flame is yellow (it should be blue unless the fire is flueless)
If You Think There Is a CO Risk...
If you believe CO is being emitted by your appliance, switch it off until it has been inspected. You should then air the room by opening windows and doors, you should not stay in the room for very long. Even if you do not feel any of the above symptoms you should contact your GP and explain the situation. Finally, contact a Gas Safe Registered engineer to inspect and repair your appliance.